We are looking for a professional Web developer who can both develop full web sites and work within the WordPress environment. The candidate should be a self-driven web application engineer that cares about the overall user, developer, and customer experience. This position requires a combination of programming skills and aesthetics. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. The candidate will report directly to the Head of Web Development.
- Responsible for all aspects of website development process, including estimation, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the CMS
- Convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements in order to develop appropriate functionality
- Review and respond to operational issues, escalating as necessary
- Work with Head of Web Development to implement strategic improvements in the implementation process
- Communicate regular project status to key stakeholders
Experience working on PHP and WordPress
Designing and implementing new features and functionality
Setup of WordPress options, plugin installation and configuration
Incorporating all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, templates and additional PHP and HTML pages.Basic knowledge of the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Experience in building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
Experience in designing and developing responsive websites
Excellent analytical skills
Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
Self-motivated and innovative
To apply for this job, please write to us at email@example.com and send us your CV with a write-up about why you think you fit this position.
You can use this form to apply for this position or alternatively write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.